And why must you leave? 那你为何要离开
Because of your wife. 因为你的妻子
I have no wife. 我没有妻子。
But you are to be married. 但是你要结婚了
Jane, you must stay. 简 你必须留下来
And become nothing to you? 留下来当一个对你无足轻重的人吗
Am I a machine without feelings? 你当我是没有感情的机器吗
Do you think that because I am poor, obscure, plain and little 难道就因为我一贫如洗 默默无闻 长相平庸 个子瘦小
that I am souless and heartless? 我就没有灵魂 没有真心了吗
I have as much soul as you and full as much heart. 我的心灵跟你一样丰富 我的心胸跟你一样充实
And if God had blessed me with beauty and wealth, 要是上帝赐予我一点姿色和充足的财富
I could make it as hard for you to leave me as it is for I to leave you. 我本可以让你对我不能自拔就像现在我对你一样
I'm not speaking to you through mortal flesh. 我现在不是以血肉之躯和你说话
It is my spirit that addresses your spirit, 而是我的灵魂同你的灵魂在对话
as if we'd passed through the grave and stood at God's feet, equal, 就仿佛我们两人穿过坟墓 站在上帝脚下 彼此平等
as we are. 本该如此
As we are. 本该如此